The Profile Cylinder Locks – For High Security of Spaces
The high-security profile cylinder locks offer more excellent protection thanks to the tear-proof reinforcement. It is thus more difficult to break the cylinder and, above all, even if it were to be broken, the reinforcement would counteract attempts to separate the two parts.
In the center of the cylinder, you can see the steel tear-proof reinforcement. In the center of the cylinder, you can see the steel tear-proof reinforcement.
Key Elements To Choose The Correct Lock:
To change the lock without difficulty:
• Disassemble the model that you are going to change (the easiest is to take it with you when you go to buy the new one);
• take a meter, a sheet, a pencil and take measurements and write down everything that can be measured;
• Take note of the door opening system, and finally, compare what the market offers when acquiring the new lock.
If your level of knowledge is not too high, apply the following criteria in order, and you will be able to determine what the characteristics of your lock are effective:
To Embed (also called mortise) or to overlap:
• Vertical or horizontal, depending on the dimensions of your box. Thus, when they are higher than deep they are described as vertical; when they are deeper than they are high, they are horizontal;
• the direction of opening left or right by pulling/pushing left or right;
• with locking system, with cylinder or with mechanism;
• single or multipoint ;
• Dimensions of the box, the bulb or cylinder, the front, the latches, the square, and the wheelbase.
• Lock system. Difference between locks
Locking Systems Of A Lock:
The locking system can be:
With a cylinder, inside it is an elongated cavity that contains a kind of cam that is activated when the key is inserted into the drum. When the key is not in, the internal pins drop, preventing another type of key from being inserted and forcing it.
Its shape, length, degree of security, and the number of entries should be determined.
The key is usually flat, with one or two carved profiles, or with holes;
With a mechanism, it is the traditional system. A key activates the opening or closing system, in which case it is integrated into the lock. The key is usually heavy, called a bit or a bit, and this type of lock is interior;
Electronic increasingly developed to improve the level of security. They can be a card, badge/badge, and button (on the inner side). Some include a remote opening function, controlled from the mobile.
Choice Of Profile Cylinder Locks:
A locking cylinder, or lock cylinder, is generally reduced by 30-30 mm (measured from the center of the cylinder to each of the two ends). The classic double-entry cylinders can have other sizes: 30-40; 30-50; 50-50 etc. In these cases, they receive different names such as centered, asymmetric, or half-cylinder.
The security level is variable: anti-picking, anti-drilling with the drill, anti-copying of keys, anti-breakage, and is governed by the A2P standard. In addition to its degree of security, some variants stand out:
Removable or removable cylinder allows opening from the outside. Its main advantage is that in case of loss, it is not necessary to change the complete lock, but only the cylinder;
Half cylinder, accessed with a key from the outside and can be locked from the inside, is widely used for example for garage doors;
Button cylinder, accessed with a key from the outside, and the interior can be locked with a button. It is the most used, for example, in bathrooms in public places.
The light bulb is the part of the mechanism where we put the key, and that acts as a “detachable combination” for our lock. The lock, on the other hand, is the mechanism (internal or external) that has all the necessary gears inside to be able to make “the turns” as well as to close with a slip (which makes the door stay closed when we push it). Without breaking the bank: The light bulb is where we put the key.