You may have heard the term “restricted keyways” before, but you’re not sure what they are or why they’re important.
Restricted keyways are a type of keyway that is specifically designed to prevent unauthorized duplication of keys. They’re used in high-security applications like government buildings, hospitals, and banks.
If you need a restricted keyway for your business, Austin Car Key Pros can help. We offer a variety of restricted keyways, including Schlage Primus XP, ASSA ABLOY CLIQ, and Medeco Maxum. We also offer 24/7 emergency service so you can get back into your business quickly if you lose your keys.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive explanation of what restricted keyways are and how they can benefit you.
What Is A Restricted Keyway and How Does it Work?
A restricted keyway is a type of keyway that is restricted to a specific group or individual. This means that only those with the proper authorization can purchase or use keys that fit into the restricted keyway.
The restricted keyway is a special security feature found on some locks. It works by having a special cut-out section on the key which can only be duplicated by an authorized locksmith. This ensures that only those with the correct authorization can make copies of your key, making it much more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access to your home or business.
There are a few different ways to create a restricted keyway:
One common method is to use a special machine to cut the keys. This ensures that only keys cut by the machine will be able to fit into the restricted keyway.
Another method is to use a restricted blank. This is a key that has not been cut yet and can only be cut by an authorized individual. This ensures that only someone with the proper authorization can have a key that fits into the restricted keyway.
The restricted keyway system is an important security measure that can help to keep your property safe.
By ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to your restricted keyway, you can help to deter criminals and keep your property secure.
Benefits of Restricted keyways
1. Restricted keyways prevent unauthorized duplication of keys – This is because restricted keyways require a special key-cutting machine that most people do not have access to. This means that only authorized individuals will be able to duplicate keys, ensuring that your business remains secure.
2. Restricted keyways deter thieves – Thieves are always looking for easy targets. If they see that your business has restricted keyways, they are likely to move on to an easier target.
3. Restricted keyways provide a higher level of security – Restricted keyways make it more difficult for thieves to pick locks and gain entry into your business. This means that your business is less likely to be burglarized.
4. Restricted keyways can save you money – Having restricted keyways can save you money on your insurance premiums. This is because businesses with restricted keyways are considered to be at a lower risk for burglary and theft.
5. Restricted keyways offer peace of mind – When you know that your business is secure, you can rest assured that your employees and customers are safe. This peace of mind is priceless.
6. Restricted keyways make it easy to track keys – When you have restricted keyways, you can easily keep track of who has access to your business. This is because each key is uniquely numbered and registered.
7. Restricted keyways are low maintenance – Once you have restricted keyways installed, there is no need to regularly maintain them. This is in contrast to traditional locks, which need to be regularly oiled and replaced.
8. Restricted keyways are an investment in your business – When you install restricted keyways, you are making an investment in the security of your business. This is an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Types of Restricted Keyways
There are two types of restricted keyways: restricted and patented.
1. Restricted keyway
A restricted keyway is a keyway that can only be cut by a special machine. This machine is only available to authorized individuals. This type of restricted keyway is more difficult to duplicate and provides a higher level of security.
A restricted keyway is one where the company that manufactures the lock controls has keys made for it. This means that only authorized dealers can order keys, and they must order them from the manufacturer.
2. Patented keyway
A patented keyway is one where the manufacturer has filed a patent on the design of the keyway, and no one else can make keys for that lock. Patented keyways provide an extra level of security because it is much more difficult for someone to duplicate a key without permission from the manufacturer.
What is the Cost of Restricted Keyways?
If you’re looking for a restricted keyway, you may be wondering about the cost. Generally speaking, restricted keyways cost more than standard keyways. The reason for this is that restricted keyways are much more difficult to duplicate. Therefore, they offer a higher level of security.
Of course, the cost of a restricted keyway will vary depending on the specific features of the keyway. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for a restricted keyway.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Restricted Keyways
When it comes to restricted keyways, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before making your purchase. Here are a few factors to consider:
1. The cost of restricted keyways can vary depending on the manufacturer and the retailer you purchase from. Make sure to do your research and compare prices before making your final decision.
2. The level of security offered by restricted keyways can vary depending on the design and materials used. Make sure to choose a restricted keyway that offers the level of security you need for your home or business.
3. Restricted keyways can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, plastic, and composite. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so make sure to choose the material that best suits your needs.
4. The installation process for restricted keyways can vary depending on the type of keyway you choose. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to avoid any damage to your property during installation.
5. The warranty period for restricted keyways can vary depending on the manufacturer. Make sure to read the warranty carefully before making your purchase to ensure you’re getting the coverage you need.
Restricted keyways are an important consideration for anyone looking to improve the security of their home or business. By taking the time to consider the factors above, you can be sure to choose the restricted keyway that best meets your needs.
Do You Need Restricted Keyways?
If you manage a high-security facility, you may need restricted key ways to protect your premises. Restricted keyways are only available through special orders, and they provide an extra level of security by making it difficult for unauthorized persons to duplicate keys.
While the cost of restricted keyways is higher than that of standard keyways, the added security is worth the investment.
If you’re not sure whether restricted keyways are right for your business, contact Austin Car Key Pros. Our security experts will assess your needs and recommend the best solution for your situation. Call us today at (512) 489-0996.
Austin Car Key Pros Is the Only Company You Should Call For Your Restricted Keyways
If you have a restricted keyway, you know that it can be a real pain to get a new key made. But did you know that there are only a few companies in the country that can make restricted keys?
And of those companies, Austin Car Key Pros is the only one that can do it affordably.
So what is a restricted keyway? It’s a special type of keyway that can only be duplicated by authorized dealers. That means that if you lose your key or it gets stolen, you’ll have to go through an authorized dealer to get a new one made. And that can be a real pain, not to mention expensive.
But at Austin Car Key Pros, we can make restricted keys quickly and affordably
We have the latest equipment and software to make restricted keys, and our team of experts is highly trained in this area.
So if you need a restricted key made, don’t go to just any locksmith. Go to the only company that can do it right – Austin Car Key Pros. We’ll save you time and money. Contact us today at (512) 489-0996!
Reasons Why You Should Choose Us?
We are a restricted keyway expert.
If you’re looking for a restricted keyway expert, then Austin Car Key Pros is the locksmith company for you! We have years of experience with restricted keyways and can provide you with the best service possible.
We understand the ins and outs of restricted keyways and can help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
The cost of restricted keyway services is much lower at Austin Car Key Pros.
If you’re looking for the best value for your money, then look no further than Austin Car Key Pros! We offer restricted keyway services at a fraction of the cost of our competitors.
We believe that everyone should have access to quality restricted keyway services, and we’re dedicated to providing those services at an affordable price.
-We offer a wide range of restricted keyway services.
At Austin Car Key Pros, we offer a wide range of restricted keyway services. Whether you need a new restricted keyway or you’re looking to have your existing restricted keyway repaired, we can help.
We also offer a variety of other locksmith services, so if you’re in need of a new car key or you need to have your locks changed, we can help.
If you’re looking for a restricted keyway expert, then contact Austin Car Key Pros today! We offer restricted keyway services at an affordable price and can help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us today to learn more! Call us at (512) 489-0996!
FAQs About What Are Restricted Keyways And Why Are They Important?
Where can I get a restricted keyway lock?
You can get a restricted keyway lock from a locksmith or hardware store. You may also be able to find them online. Make sure to check that the manufacturer is reputable before you buy one.
How do you know if a key is restricted?
There are a few ways to tell if a key is restricted. One way is to look at the cut of the key. If the key has a special cut-out, then it is likely restricted. Another way to tell is by the manufacturer.
Restricted keys will usually have a sticker or stamp from the manufacturer on them. You can also ask a locksmith if you are unsure. They will be able to tell you if a key is restricted or not.
What is a restricted key blank?
A restricted key blank is a key that has not been cut yet. It will only fit into a restricted keyway lock. restricted key blanks can be bought from locksmiths or hardware stores. Make sure to get the correct blank for your lock.
What happens if you copy a key that says Do not copy?
If you copy a key that says Do not copy, then you are breaking the law. Restricted keys are copyrighted and it is illegal to make copies of them without permission. If you are caught making copies of restricted keys, you could be fined or even go to jail.
Which type of restricted keyway is right for your business?
That depends on your needs and budget. If you are looking for the highest level of security, a patented keyway is the best option. However, if you are on a tight budget, a restricted keyway may be a better choice.
If you’re looking for a car key replacement, you’ve come to the right place. Austin Car Key Pros is your one-stop shop for all your car key needs.
We can replace any type of car key, including restricted keyways.
A restricted keyway is a type of car key that’s harder to duplicate. That’s why they’re used by many luxury automakers – to prevent theft and protect their customers.
If you have a luxury car, it’s important to use a restricted keyway to protect your investment. At Austin Car Key Pros, we can replace your lost or damaged car key with a copy that has a restricted keyway.